17 Aug Achieving error-free logistics operations: try automated document processing
Logistics and supply chain operations encompass various aspects such as warehousing, shipping, transportation, manufacturing, and product distribution. In today’s business landscape, logistics companies often grapple with the challenge of managing vast volumes of documents and data, which are traditionally processed manually by supply chain managers. However, the advent of technology has brought about significant advancements in logistics automation software, revolutionizing the industry.
By leveraging a document processing tool such as Docketry, logistics businesses streamline their otherwise complex and time-consuming document processing. Other than reducing time dedicated to document processing, organizations also increased accuracy among different types of documents from printed documents to hand-written documents, and better tracking of documents as well, which is usually seen as a part and parcel of the logistics businesses. Docketry is an advanced IDP solution for the logistics industry that can process complex unstructured documents with high accuracy. Docketry’s confidence scores and analytics help in additional validation ensuring that errors do not creep into the data. With pre-built APIs and SDKs, logistics companies can easily seamlessly integrate Docketry into existing processes, customize it to their needs and automate document workflows. In addition to fast and accurate data extraction, Docketry’s automated document processing for logistics offers document search for easy document archiving and retrieval, sentiment analysis for providing better customer service, and signature validation for fraud detection.
How Docketry reads “better” than its competition
Efficient volume handling
IDP excels at rapidly and accurately handling high volumes of documents. It can seamlessly extract data from PDF or handwritten documents, regardless of their format or structure. This capability enhances operational efficiency and reduces bottlenecks.
By automating document processing in logistics, IDP significantly reduces the occurrence of human errors. For instance, automated invoice processing ensures precise data extraction, leading to improved decision-making and reduced operational risks, particularly for small businesses.
Leveraging AI-based document search and retrieval, IDP drastically reduces document processing time. This enables quicker turnaround times and enhances customer satisfaction, as critical operations can be expedited.
Enhanced visibility and traceability
IDP’s AI-powered document management and digital workflow automation provide a comprehensive digital trail for every document. This advanced feature facilitates improved visibility into processes, allowing businesses to identify areas for enhancement and make informed decisions.
How to choose the best document automation software
Evaluate your automation needs
Organizations usually have specific requirements of which documents they wish to be automated and some documents which will still be manually processed. So, organizations usually list specific features and functionalities, for the best outcomes.
The tool needs to be intuitive and easy to use, a low learning curve means that the solution is adopted at a higher rate.
Customized Integration options
Docketry can be integrated in your existing systems to deliver a streamlined workflow, the idea being here to minimized human intervention throughout your workflow.
Security and access control
When talking about document automation, security, and access control is paramount, depending upon regions and clients, the importance of security goes up.
Why is intelligent document processing better than other processing methods?
- The first step is the pre-processing stage, where solutions choose between various methods for best outcomes such as de-skewing, noise reduction, binarization, and cropping.
- By applying de-skewing techniques, any skew or slant in the document is corrected, ensuring that the text and images are aligned properly.
- Noise reduction techniques are utilized to eliminate unwanted artifacts or disturbances from the document.
- Binarization is another important step in the pre-processing stage. It involves converting the document into a binary image format, where only black and white pixels are present. This simplifies the document and enhances the contrast, making it easier for the solution to differentiate between text and background.
- Intelligent document processing (IDP) is a branch of intelligent process automation (IPA) that uses machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), and intelligent character recognition (ICR) to automate tasks that traditionally require human intelligence. IDP is ideal for organizations dealing with large volumes of semi-structured and unstructured documents like invoices, sales orders, and customer correspondence. By incorporating ML algorithms, IDP systems can learn and adapt to variations in document formats, accurately classifying and extracting information. NLP enhances IDP by understanding natural language content, extracting key entities, and enabling sentiment analysis. ICR enables accurate recognition and conversion of handwritten text. IDP reduces manual intervention, improves data accuracy, enhances operational efficiency, and achieves faster turnaround times, leading to improved customer satisfaction.
Docketry for logistics and supply chain document automation
Logistics and supply chain are one of the sectors where adoption of technologies is slowest, a document automation tool can really help these logistics and supply chain organizations to reach new levels of productivity, data accuracy and streamline their entire workflow. To know how Docketry can address your specific use case, talk to our team today.